THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
The Super Bowl is only a week away. My favorite Team the New England Patriots will be taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. I am such a huge Patriots fan, I was even watching the AFC championship at a bar while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
With the Super Bowl at stake and my team struggling, I was filled with anxiety and excited. But of course, they did not disappoint and they pulled out the win! I was ecstatic and was jumping up and down! The Patriots won the AFC championship and were returning to the Super Bowl for the third time in four years.
After the game, my partner and I went to a gorgeous and exquisite restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, our last day on our trip! You will hear all about it in an upcoming post about my Culinary Exploration in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This dinner ended up to be a celebration of the Patriots win, but more importantly our love for each other.
So naturally, I am hosting my second annual Super Bowl Party with friends and secretly hoping for a repeat of last year with a Pats win! OK, its not a secret! #GOPATS!
Like every event I host, I always look to please my guests with amazing foods. My list for Super Bowl appetizer is growing. I will definitely be making buffalo chicken wings, Meatballs, Guacamole, my Figs stuffed with Goat Cheese wrapped in Bacon, and something sweet for dessert. But a staple through the years for my partner and I during big Football Events is Buffalo Chicken Dip.
This also happens to be the only thing my amazing partner knows how to make. Naturally I run solo in the kitchen for most events and nightly dinners. For this recipe however, I actually have help in the kitchen and I enjoy having him as my sous chef for this one!
This buffalo chicken dip is everything and then some. Its combining two of my favorites, buffalo chicken wings and dip! The right amount of spices and cheeses! This dip is basically deep-fried chicken wings coated in hot sauce, dunked into creamy blue cheese dressing and covered with different cheeses, made into a dip. Enough said!!! This dip is amazing both hot and cold.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (I use chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken found in most Deli sections in your local grocery store; I don’t measure I usually use the entire chicken). This is my favorite part to see my partner get his hands dirty in the kitchen. This part is time consuming but fun!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (This works well if you leave it out of fridge for at least an hr)
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red-Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, plus a little for the top
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- cayenne, to taste
- Shred the chicken from an entire rotisserie chicken making sure there is no bones, skin, or fat! This is the most time-consuming part of the recipe. If you want you can even do the shredding ahead of time.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Now put mixture in a casserole oven safe dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20
- Towards the end you can broil to brown the top of the dip.
- Once out of the oven you can sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top for added kick and for decoration.
- Now you are ready to serve your Buffalo Chicken Dip. I serve mine with Tostitos chips, Club Crackers and celery! Enjoy!
Check out these other amazing appetizers for the big game:
Recipe is Courtesy of Chef John and I found the recipe on YouTube many years ago! Still a classic today