THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Guacamole Recipe By Ina Garten
Leave it to Ina Garten and her amazing recipes — this time offering up a simple, crowd-pleasing twist on Mexican guacamole, a recipe that you can whip up for those last-minute guests coming over to hang out. Just make sure you always have ripe Avocados on hand.
The great thing about this recipe is there is no cooking involved. Ina’s key ingredient in this out of this world guacamole is lots of Citrus! In our household we love anything with lots of citrus! We always have lemon and lime on hand. Not only for cooking, but also for our drinks. 🙂
She also recommends shopping for the avocados a few days prior to making this recipe! I recommend Tostito’s scoops, perfect for getting a great helping of the guacamole on your chip. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 4 ripe hass avocados (see article under shopping tips for buying the right avocados)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce.
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and small-diced.
- Multigrain chips for serving (I prefer Tostito’s Scoops Multigrain)
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomato. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten
This recipe makes the perfect appetizer for any get together with friends! Also check out my appetizer recipe for deep fried deviled eggs!