THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Make delicious P.F. Chang’s famous chicken lettuce wraps right at home! They taste exactly like the restaurant & are so easy to make and low carb!! A win win!
Low Carb cooking is definitely my go to, so when i came across this recipe for a copycat of P.F. Chang’s Thai lettuce wraps I was intrigued. I have never had the restaurant version, but I love Thai food and love the idea of the lettuce as wraps.
I’ve done tuna salad and chicken salad using the lettuce wraps and have even used hollowed out cucumbers as a low carb option instead of bread.
This recipe is so easy and packed with flavor!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter, bibb, or iceberg lettuce
- In a skillet pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, ground chicken, and chopped onions. Crumble meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fresh grated ginger, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar. Combine together and let simmer, for about 3 minutes, over medium heat so the flavors can combine.
- Add water chestnuts and green onion. stir and let cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve inside lettuce leaves and garnish with additional green onion.
Check out these other low carb options: