THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Low Carb Healthy Steak and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
All the flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, but in a stuffed pepper! Yes that happened! Who said stuffed peppers can only be beef and rice! Low carb and gluten free never tasted so good!
Ready in 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Roast Beef
- 8 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com
Super easy and healthy! I paired my with sunchips as a side! Super light for a late dinner or makes a great lunch as well!