THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Lentil Salad with Gabriele and Debi
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into small dice
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups French green lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 2 large burrata balls, cut into small pieces
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and render the fat; cook until the edges are crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, carrots and celery and saute until tender, about 6 minutes. Toss in the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lentils and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook until the lentils are tender but not falling apart, about 18 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
Put the mixed greens in a large bowl. Add the lentils, burrata and a sprinkle of, olive oil and mix to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar! Debi is an actress star of the tv series Younger and her italian husband Gabriele Corcos! They are described as the Lucy and Ricky in the kitchen. She is a modern girl from the streets of Queens and he’s a food purist from the hills of Tuscany. There style is considered Tuscan American Blend! There show can be seen on the cooking channel called Extra Virgin with Debi & Gabriele! Cookingchanneltv.com