THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers are full of all the flavors of homemade lasagna like mom makes, but without all the carbs! (My Mom’s Lasagna is pretty damn good). This Twist on lasagna tastes so surprisingly good, you will forget that lasagna is even supposed to have noodles! My partner’s reaction when he tried it the first time was “wow, this is so good”! That’s coming from the most carb conscious person I know. Just because you want to eat healthy, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on amazing tasting food! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups tomato basil Sauce
- 1 lb. of ground sirloin beef
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds. Place pepper halves on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- In a heated frying pan, brown the ground sirloin beef. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and italian seasonings. Once completely cooked through, add the entire jar of tomato basil sauce.
- Remove peppers from oven. Fill each pepper with ¼ cup meat sauce mixture.
- Next, spoon 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese on top of the meat sauce in each pepper cup. Pour an additional 1 tbsp meat sauce on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Top each pepper with 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Bake on middle rack for 12 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven. Top each pepper with 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Bake 5 additional minutes on top rack.
Recipe is a twist on the recipe i found on peaceloveandlowcarb.com
Also check out my other stuffed pepper recipe! There are so many options with stuffed peppers to make your all time favorite meals with a healthy twist!