THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Blue Cheese and Crispy Fried Onion Burgers & Corn on the Cob
- 4 burger buns
- 4 burger patties
- 4 blue cheese slices
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- baby arugula or baby kale
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sweet and spicy mustard
- salt and peppers to taste
Prepare your grill for cooking over high direct heat.
In a large skillet melt the butter over high heat. Add onions and cook until crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
Make sure the grill is cleaned and hot before laying down the patties. You might also want to oil the grill first.
Season the burger patties with salt and pepper. Add the patties to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. DO NOT press on the patties while cooking.
minutes before patties are done cooking, lay a slice of blue cheese over each patty. If you want to grill your burgers buns, add them to the grill now and don’t leave them more than 30 seconds.
Remove everything from grill and assemble the burgers. Spread 1 tbsp of mustard on the bottom side of the bun. Top with some baby arugula or kale, lay the burger patty, tomato slices, crispy onions and top bun.
Basil Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob
One of my favorite veggie sides to pair with any meal is corn on the cob. My favorite way to prepare corn on the cob is on the grill. In my opinion nothing beats the taste of corn on the cob when it is done on the grill.
The thing that makes the corn stand out in this recipe isn’t the charred corn, it’s the amazing full of flavor basil butter.
Which is nothing more than fresh chopped basil mixed with butter and a bit of salt, pepper, and minced garlic! Simple, Easy, and Delicious!
For the Basil Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the corn
- 8 ears corn, husked, washed and dried
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place the ingredients for the basil butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush the corn with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until corn is charred and tender. Serve hot with basil butter.
Check out these other amazing grill recipes!