THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Cracker Crusted Cod
The Cracker Crusted Cod is an easy and scrumptious fish recipe to make when you have a late start making dinner like I did last night, thanks to the messy New York train system. I paired this fish dish with one of my favorite quick sides that i love to cook and eat, Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts. It works great with the Cracker Crusted Cod because you can cook it at the same temp and same amount of time.
Bake: 350 degrees/35-45 mins.
2 Cod Fillets (1.5 lbs)
Italian Seasoning Blend
1 Sleeve of multigrain club crackers or Ritz Crackers (I personally love the club crackers and the taste it gives)
Low Fat Mayo (must be Hellman’s No other choice 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Layer the Cod Fillets in a casserole baking dish
3. Season cod with salt, pepper, garlic, sazon, and italian seasoning blend
4. Squeeze a half a lemon over the Cod Fillets
5. Now spread a nice thick layer of low fat mayo covering the entire Fillets
6. Next cover the Fillets with the multigrain cracker crumbs
7. Last step before oven, put a few slivers of butter on top of the multigrain cracker crumbs
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 mins.
Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Brussell Sprouts
Bake: 350 degrees/30-35 mins.
Brussell Sprouts (1-1 1/2 lbs)
Balsamic Vinegar (any flavor will do. There are tons on the market. I currently have a cherry one that I absolutely love)
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash Brussell Sprouts and cut of the ends (disgard) and cut washed Sprouts in half and put in a medium size bowl
3. Pour a tablespoon of EVOO, a tablespoon of your favorite balsamic vinegar, and a tablesppon of Honey. Toss and mix well
4. Pour Brussell Sprouts in a metal baking dish. Make sure they are in a single layer and not on top of each other (that way they all get evenly crisp and evenly delicious.
5. Bake for 30-35 mins. until they start getting crisp!
6. Take out of oven and enjoy!
**Me and my partner try to limit our carbs as much as possible. For an extra side and to add a little touch to the meal, I chopped up Fresh cucumbers from the farm (thanks Phil and Simon) and tomatoes and tossed them with a basil vinegarette dressing! Simple. Easy. Quick. Its a very refreshing side during the Summer Heat.