THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Juicy chicken and mushrooms in a madeira cream sauce under melty cheese and asparagus. You can pair it with either pasta (el dente) or mashed potatoes. If I had to chose between the two, i would prefer the pasta over mashed potatoes. For me I am always looking for low carb sides, so I suggest Cauliflower fried rice or some roasted brussel sprouts. This creamy Chicken Madeira is a copycat recipe of the most popular menu item at the Cheesecake Factory. Once you take a bite, you will know why it is their most popular recipe! It’s my favorite, it will be yours too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups madeira wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese, shaved for garnish
- Put the chicken between two pieces of saran wrap and lightly flatter using a rolling pin or heavy pot or flat mallet (don’t use a spiked side).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in your skillet (that has a lid) on medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until slightly browned and just cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, add in 2 more tablespoons of butter and add the mushrooms.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes before stirring, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and put with the chicken on another plate.
- Add in the Madeira wine and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While sauce is reducing boil your asparagus for 3-5 minutes in another pot or microwave on a plate in a single layer with a wet paper towel on top for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, top with mushrooms and asparagus.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes, cover the chicken with Mozzarella cheese and mushrooms.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
All your househouse needs with a click of a button! Check out Boxed!
Check out these other mouthwatering Chicken Recipes at MealswithMark